Mr Nick Nicolaou (Chair) email
Mr Adil Ajuled
Mr Fazal Ali
Mr Simon Barker
Mr Richard Dodds
Mr Colin Esler (BASK Past President)
Mr Jonathan Lavelle
Mr Mark Flowers (BSCOS Past President)
Mr Sean Symons
Ms Joanna Thomas
To achieve the best standards for children’s knee problems and advise on safe, effective and reproducible guidelines for the United Kingdom.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To review current management of Paediatric soft tissue knee pathology and variations in practice within the UK.
- To liaise with the BSCOS and BASK boards on the direction and strategy of paediatric knee management in the UK.
- To achieve the best standards for children’s knee problems and advise on safe, effective and reproducible guidelines for the United Kingdom.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Evidence treatment strategies for management of knee soft tissue disorders, specifically cruciate and meniscal pathology.
- Identify variations in practice across the UK.
- Liaise with both the BSCOS and BASK membership regarding obstacles and hurdles to high quality and effective care.
- Contrast with treatment from other countries.
- Use the above information to advise on guidelines.
- Consider future guidance on other knee pathology.
- The committee will be made up of 10 members (including the chair), quorum for each meeting to be a minimum of 5 members, one of whom must be the chair. 5 members will be elected from BASK and 5 will be full and active elected members of BSCOS.
- The term of office for members will be until the final report and guidance is issued.
- Applications for membership will be sought by the BASK and BSCOS Boards from full members of both societies as and when new members are required on the committee.
- The chair will be proposed and approved by the BSCOS Board.
- Accountability is to the BASK and BSCOS board.
Frequency of Meetings
- The Committee will meet every 3 months with further meetings arranged if required.