Six types of membership are available
i. Ordinary Membership shall be open to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons working in the United Kingdom, who have a special interest in orthopaedic problems relating to children and who commit a significant proportion of their clinical time to dealing with such matters.
ii. Honorary Membership may be offered to distinguished surgeons and scientists who have a special interest in children’s orthopaedics.
iii. Associate Membership may be available to:
- Consultant Surgeons who commit a proportion of their clinical time to the management of children with conditions that result in regular work alongside children’s orthopaedic surgeons
- Trainees in orthopaedic surgery in possession of a national training number
- Doctors on the specialist register for trauma and orthopaedics practising as Fellows in children’s orthopaedic surgery
- Locum consultants in children’s orthopaedic surgery
- Specialty doctors in children’s orthopaedic surgery
iv. Affiliate Membership
is available at the discretion of the Board for appropriately qualified allied health professionals who regularly treat children in an orthopaedic capacity, surgical or otherwise.
v. Medical Student Membership
is available at the discretion of the Board for motivated medical students studying in a UK Medical School. It is expected that they would have formed a strong interest in children’s orthopaedic surgery during their undergraduate training.
vi. Overseas Membership
shall be available to Ordinary Members who are working abroad, have a special interest in orthopaedic problems relating to children and who continue to commit a significant proportion of their clinical time to dealing with such matters.
Further details may be found in the Company Rules here
If you wish to apply for membership please send your CV to the Hon Secretary at email@example.com
and ask two referees to send messages of support to the same email address.
Applications are considered at the Meetings of the BSCOS Exec Board which occur three times a year - at the BSCOS Annual meeting in March, in early Summer and late Autumn.
Membership benefits (such as discounted rates for meetings) will only be available after approval of a membership application by the board and payment of the appropriate subscription. Benefits cannot be applied retrospectively.Current Annual Membership Rates